About Jess

Friday, March 11, 2005

This Blog is dedicated to Kelley O'Hara since she wants some updated blogs. TGIF!!! I only worked 4 days this week but I feel like the week went by really slow. Josh and I have been over at the house cleaning the past two days but it looks really good. Jodie is going over today to clean the carpets with this like Master Kerby cleaner she paid way too much for. I told her I'd babysit some nights so she agreed. The official move in day is tomorrow. We are renting a Uhaul and getting everything out of storage. We recruited some people to come help, by offering some beer and pizza. Then I'm sure I'll be spending all night Saturday and Sunday unpacking and organizing. I don't think it will sink in I have a house until after we move in and start staying there.
But I do have a funny story about getting to work today. I have every other Friday off since I work 9 hour days, and the Friday's I don't have off I only have to work a 8 hour day. So usually I work 7:00-3:30 on Friday which is an hour earlier than I usually get off. But tonight I have to meet Josh's aunt and cousin at Alan Ray Bridal so she can get measured for her dress (she is the flower girl/junior bridesmaid) at 5:00. So I decided to come in an hour later today and just leave at my normal time. So, I usually take the bus to work and I ride the #7 bus every morning at 6:55am. Ok but today I was going to catch a later bus of course, and I got to the stop and saw the #7 coming so I just got on. WELL, right away I knew something was weird because there was a lot of younger people on the bus. So then it takes a left when it normally takes a right, and I'm thinking well maybe this is just the longer route since it is later in the day. Well I was wrong, and needless to say I ended up in the dead center of Ohio State's campus (no wonder there was a lot of younger people) So I ask the bus driver and he told me I had to get off and walk two blocks to High st and catch the #2 bus. Mind you I'm in high heels and it is snowing and freezing outside. So I finally end up getting to work at 8:45 when I am supposed to be here at 8:00. Apparently there are two #7 buses and I got on the wrong one. Like I was supposed to know there were two different ones that go in completely two different directions. Any, at least the morning seems short since I have only been here 2 1/2 hrs and it is almost lunch time.
Ok well I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend. Wish for warm weather!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger shellie said…

    omg that is hilarious, you've got to admit!! It sucks about the high heels and the cold weather though, I totally feel your pain dude, this type of thing happens to me often! I get myself in the strangest predicaments!! The last dumb thing I did without realizing it was walking 8 blocks in the wrong direction when I got off the red line and just kept thinking "oh it must be the next street"...but it never was and i ended up being 30 minutes late and sweating like crazy when I got to class. What happened was that I came up out of the CTA on the opposite side I usually do and without thinking just started straight ahead............its like HELLO SHELLIE.
    haha.
    good story.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    oh gosh finally i can write int he blog! it has been acting up! i wanted to give you a shout out last friday!

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    hey ellinger! how is the house coming along?

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    UPDATE your blog im anxious to hear about the house and moving etc...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home