About Jess

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Life in Denver comes To An End

Well today is my last day in the office here in Lakewood, and I start making the drive back home on Saturday. I brought in Donuts today for my office to say Thanks for hosting me. They just loved that. I'm actually eating one right now. A chocolate iced one, YUM!!!!
My office is taking me out to lunch today at some good Italian place I guess, then I'm meeting some of my fellow friends and co-workers that are in my program after work for happy hour down the street. Josh flies in tonight at 10:50pm. I can't wait to see him!!!
Tomorrow I don't have to work so I'm just going to pack everything up and load the car. Josh and I are meeting Amy, John, and Heidi out for dinner and drinks tomorrow so that should be fun, and I'll get to say goodbye. Then Saturday morning we are waking up and starting our drive. We're stopping in Kansas City for the night and having dinner and stuff. Then we are driving all the way to Columbus on Sunday.
Monday is the "Big Day". We are closing on the house Monday afternoon. Can't wait.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend. I won't be writing any more blogs until next week, so I'll post a picture of the house next week if all goes well Monday. If anyone wants to chat, give me a call this weekend. All we'll be doing is driving :-)

7 Comments:

  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    hey there! aww your last day! so sad. Yum I love donuts! I love the cake ones. Or hot glazed ones from Krispy Kreme! yummmm! do u have a car there? so how many hours is your drive??? so then will you move into your new house on Monday? Tell Josh I said hi!

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger JessPatterson said…

    The drive is about 19 hrs from Denver, so Kansas city is about half way. Yes, I have a car. Josh drove me out in January, then flew back. Now is flying out and helping me drive back.
    We could move in Monday if we wanted to , but we are going to clean all week, then move all of our stuff in on Saturday the 12th.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger shellie said…

    HAHA thanks for the QUESO. HEY i got your message this morning, I had class last night til nine then got home and totally crashed because I am completely OVERWORKED person!! I need a free day, you know what i mean? I will call ya this weekend when you are bored in the car, k? :) wow you have some fun stuff coming up....JOsh, Dinner with the GIrls, Italian food for lunch today....I might be having italian for lunch today too (Ragu) haha!

    Wow the NEW HOUSE!!! how exciting!! but holy crap 19 hours, that's a long time, make sure to make fun stops along the way to unique little diners (Wendy's) and stop along the way for some QUESO!!! It will be a fun road trip to spend time with your boyfriend! I wish I could see mine soon!

    oh p.s. i just found out people are going on a cruise and i'm not going. not fair. i'm not happy about this. tell you about it later, I don't want to "clog your blog" as kelley would say. haha. :)

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger shellie said…

    god it looks like i like exclamation points. haha.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    wow 19 hours thats a long time! i hate car rides. I get bored... but hey you have josh with you so thats fun! and Shells thats her Fiance.. no longer boyfriend. ha Fiance that is like a fancy word. Sounds like some goofy french food. Not abig fan of French restaurants... well I am but i mean come one the meals are like kiddie sized! Why is it that the nicer the restaurant the smaller the meal.. (portion) doesnt make sense to me! :-) so where is all of your stuff? will u move it right into the house?

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger shellie said…

    she's living in a furnished suite in a hotel right now with free drinks on tuesdays and thursdays so she just has to pack clothes! *wink* see ellinger, i know my stuff! ha!

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    i love donuts thats all i eat all day long! ...psych. i dont eat donuts. i eat lots of bananas. have a safe drive jessE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home