About Jess

Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend

Well I didn't really have the most exciting weekend. Friday night we won our first two games in the softball tournament and so we played in the championship, but sadly we lost. I think our team was mostly worn out. Some of our girls aren't the most athletic. But my knee kills like crazy because I hit the best hit of my life over the left fielders head and it went back to the fence and I was at second and Josh was the 3rd base coach and was like come to 3rd, so as I'm running I can see the guy throw the ball to 3rd from the corner of my eye, and I guess that athletic instict set in and I slid into 3rd and I'm pretty sure I was safe but I got called out. So my knee is all scraped up and hurts like hell when anything touches it. I've never slid in softball my whole life, but I guess being a sweeper in soccer you slide tackle and it just kicks in when you are supposed to do it. So we didn't finish up softball until like 11:15 Friday night, then just went home to crash. Saturday was the office picnic but it rained most of the day so the food was great, but we couldn't play any games or anything outside like we planned. Saturday night was a relaxing night at the In laws since Josh's grandma was in town. Just played a bunch of cards and drank some beer. Last night we went out for a friends 21st birthday. Didn't stay out too late because I had to work today, but apparently Jodie did because at 1:00am I had a phone call from her husband wondering where she was. I was like I don't know I left at 10:00 and she was still out. So I'll have to get that story from her today. But I wasn't too happy about the phone call. Ok that is my weekend, not too exciting I know. I hope this week goes by fast since I have Friday and Monday off, I have a 4 day weekend. We are going back to my parents for Labor Day. Anyone doing anything fun for Labor Day????

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    sounds like u had a good weekend! So u slid into base! ha! thats funny! Did your knee hurt instantly or did it like bruise over time? yikes thats too bad! Between Josh's foot and your knee!!! What card games do u play? Euchre. I suck at cards. Although I played Kemps the other night when i was babysitting! That was fun! u and yoru parnter like make a sign! ha it was fun! nothing really knew with me. so did u find Jodie? hopefully she made it home safely!

     
  • At 4:48 AM, Blogger JessPatterson said…

    Yep we found Jodie. I guess she stayed out with the birthday girl until the bars closed on Sunday (both of them didn't have to work Monday like us other girls) I hurt my knee instantly. It is a "strawberry" so they call it. More like a really bad rug burn. We mostly play Euchre, but I've played Kemps before. It is a silly game.

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    i hope im drinking my face off on labor day!!! hehe! sorry bout your knee babe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home