About Jess

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Is it Friday yet???

I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I guess the week always goes by slow when you are looking forward to the weekend. My weekend was good. Friday night I went out and got a lot more drunk than I expected. We met Jodie and Buck out because their uncle who is awesome was in town from Canada. So we went to Happy Hour at Old Bag of Nails, then to a new bar in D-town. I probably could have slowed down after the 3 Blue Moon drafts at Old Bag, but I didn't. We met up with some other friends at the bar and it was one of those nights were you just sit and talk and the next thing you know you've downed like 8 Miller Lites. And the shot Buck bought us of yager didn't help out either. Needless to say I was pretty hungover on Saturday and I haven't felt like that in a long time. And a funny story to add for that night was that Jodie came down to the bar to get her keys from Buck and she has Tyler with her (her 3 yr old) When he saw me he came and ran and jumped up on my lap for me to pick him up. Well I am sitting on a bar stool which is kind of high off the ground and the next thing I know I hear this loud bang and Tyler and I are on the floor. I looked over and the stool completely broke in half. My ass hit the ground so fast and I have the biggest bruise on my butt. I'm just glad Tyler didn't bang his head on the table on the way down. You know I do know some good lawyers, maybe I should sue, ha ha.
Saturday we had the memorial service which was really nice. It was closure for Aaron and Heather and that was good. They are going to try to have another baby this summer which is good news.
This week I'm excited for March Madness. Josh and I both get really into it. He is actually taking off Friday to go watch the games at the bar all day. I'm not going that far, but I am getting off like an hour early since it is St. Patty's Day. A bunch of us are just meeting at the Old Bag of Nails which is an Irish Pub, and will be celebrating there all night. I'm sure we'll be out in full force Friday so I'm assuming our Saturday will consist of sitting on the couch watching basketball games eating some greasy food :-) Sounds good to me. Have a good week everyone.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Kelley said…

    ok I just LOL at work! ahaha u fell off the barstool! oh no! good thing u didnt get hurt or Tyler... is that his name? so it broke in half! goodness! good thing u are ok! I need to fill out one of those bracket things. we are going out Friday too for st. patty's day. :-) Cant wait!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    oh my god thats crazy about the bar stool! sheesh! total lawsuit for sure! glad the memorial service was good. have a good st. pattys day! we already did ours, our city wide thing was friday, so im st. patty's dayed-out. : ) love you miss you! you and josh and melinda and kelley and EVERYONE should plan a trip to dallas this summer! we could even go to austin and float the river and do sixth street and stuff! think about it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home