About Jess

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Back from the Beach, Congratulation Heather and Aaron

Well I'm back from my second beach vacation this summer. Hilton Head was a great time and we had fun. Here is some of what we did. Left around Noon on Thursday and drove down with Josh and Doug (our brother in law). We got to Hilton Head around 11:00pm and just crashed. Friday we were up early and went to the beach for the day. Friday night was the rehearsal dinner at a Seafood place called Steamers. It was extremely hot in there and the food was OK but not worth the price (which we had to pay for). So we didn't have the best meal on the first day. Actually a running joke all week was "You know why they call it Steamers? Because it BLOWS!!" Got to give credit to Doug for that one. Then we introduced some of Heather's family to Texas Holdem and played cards. Saturday was the Wedding at 10:30am on the beach. Josh and all the boys looked great in their linen pants, blue shirts, and flip flops. Heather looked awesome and her dress was so beautiful for a beach wedding. I forgot my Camera at work today so I'll post some pics tomorrow. We had a brunch reception at the Holiday Inn which was good, then it was down to the Tiki Hut for some drinks. We went to the beach the rest of the day, and then of course back to the Tiki Hut later on for some frozen alligators. Saturday night we had a pool party (2nd reception). Everyone was wasted and I think about everyone got tossed in the pool. Sunday of course was another day at the beach. We went to dinner Sunday at a place called Marley's Island Grille. It was soooooo good! I had almond crusted mai mai and it was delicious. Then after dinner we headed to the frosty frog where we got some Turbo dacquiris which I kid you not, have 190 grain alcohol in them. Those puppies were strong. Then of course that led to another night of texas holdem poker. Monday was the 4th of July and the boys all went golfing in the AM. Us girls went to the beach for the morning and just hungout. Josh and I went to the Salty Dog for lunch and bought some T-Shirts. Then that night was the big 4th of July cookout on the beach. It was a lot of fun and on the way down to HH we stopped at a Firework store and bought $100 worth, so we shot them off at the beach Monday night. The kids loved them! Then Tuesday we woke up and drove back. It was a great time and we had fun. But like I said last year with my family, I love going on vacation with them, but the only way I can stay sain is if we don't stay in the same place :-) So I had a great weekend and a fun 4th. I'll post pics tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    Oh wow sounds like you had a nice weekend! Dude you did a lot of drinking goofy drinks! frozen frogs, icee alligators- ha what are those?!? Can't wait to see the pics! Was it crowded there for the 4th?

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    i want an alligator!

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger Kelley said…

    a real one? i want a gummy one!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    i just realized how that sounded. i dont really want a pet alligator. i want an alcoholic one!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger shellie said…

    100 dollars of fireworks........that's AWESOME. I saw fireworks at Jacob's Field with Ray in cleveland and I think it was the best show I've seen in a long time. I was so impressed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home